Report to Families and Staff – Board of Management Meeting 30/11/2011
This was a handover meeting: outgoing Board of Management/incoming BoM.
Attendees: Colm O’Gorman, Angie Dooley, Allen Holman, Tracy Smith, Raymond Swan, Sarah Anderson
1. Minutes of previous meeting were agreed.
Report to families and staff was agreed.
2. Families and staff will be updated on membership of the new Board through the school newsletter. Aideen O’Donnell elected as teacher nominee. Community nominees: see below.
3. Treasurer’s Report (summary of account balances) was presented to the meeting by Raymond.
4. Enrolment Report was presented to the meeting by Raymond, (including numbers on school pre-enrolment lists.)
5. Principal’s report: see various school newsletters. The following were highlighted: Town Council visit; Intel mini-scientist event; green schools energy workshops; participation in Futsal competition.
6. Board of Management online training programme, (via Educate Together, our Patron.) Details of this training course were circulated.
7. Declaration of Acceptance of Membership of the School Board of Management. This was held over until the next meeting.
8. Community Representatives: 4 possible candidates were suggested. These are to be approached by the incoming Chairperson.
9. Outgoing Board members were thanked for all their work over the past 4 years. Incoming Board members were wished well in all future endeavours.
Next meeting: to be confirmed.