Search here for our weekly newsletters.
Check here for updates or click ‘Latest News.’
New Junior Infants & their parents are invited to visit the classrooms and meet the teachers & SNAs on Monday 6th July. 9.30am-10.15am for children whose first names begin with the letters A – J and 10.15am-11.00am for first names beginning with letters K – Z. (To comply with current Health Regulations, families will enter the school building for a short visit only, and in small groups. Families can also visit our playgrounds. Please use the hand sanitiser provided. No one should visit the school if they are feeling unwell.) Older new pupils are invited to visit the school during the above times too – they will get to visit their new classrooms, as well as meet the Principal/Deputy Principal/Assistant Principal, (but not their new teacher.)
In the meantime, here are some photos of our Junior Infant classrooms, the infant playground, our library and school building. Take a look….
The annual handwriting competition takes place this week and we hope to see lots of entries from each class!
There will be two prizes per class. The overall class winner will receive a €10 Tesco voucher and there will also be a €10 Tesco voucher for the most improved!
How to enter:
1. Write a paragraph (few sentences for younger classes & longer for senior classes!) in your best handwriting.
2. Upload a photograph of your entry to your class teacher on Class Dojo or by email (emails can be found on the weekly work grids). Or you can post your entry to the school (please write “competition” on the envelope).
3. There is no theme, all you need to do is write! It can be about you, you can create a story, copy a paragraph from your favourite book or nursery rhyme. All we need to see is your best handwriting!
4. Entries should be with your teacher by Thursday 28th May, postal entries to the school by Friday 29th May.
5. Only one entry per pupil.
6. Winners will be announced next week.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
All schools closed Friday 13th March until further notice. All after-school activities & meetings are cancelled. To contact the school during this closure period please email email@example.com A deep-clean of the school building will be completed during the closure period.
Poem from our special classes for children with autism:
Daire’s 1st class have been super active and creative! The class put on an amazing assembly for the school to remind everyone the benefits and importance of being active and healthy. They showed us some super cool dance moves and energetic exercises that can be done in class and at home.
The class worked really hard and created an amazing poem about our active school. It’s called Active Strength!
To get our active flag,
lets do some awesome things,
like yoga, dance and running,
good health to us it brings.
We wish to make our lives,
great at school and home,
so lets not sit around all day,
this new strength is our own!
A Winter Performance from Patrick’s Class
(click on blue link above to open video)
Hurling coaching has started again for our 1st and 3rd classes. Many thanks to our parent volunteer! (And to our PTA Committee for the hurls and helmets!)